(1) In these regulations:
(a) a reference to a provision of a law or regulation includes a reference to that provision as amended or re-enacted from time to time;
(b) the masculine gender includes the feminine and the neuter;
(c) words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular; and
(d) a reference to writing includes any form of representing or reproducing words in legible form.
(2) The heading to an article is for convenience only and does not affect its interpretation.
(3) A reference in these regulations to a Part or article by number only, without further identification, is a reference to the Part or article of that number in these regulations.
(4) A reference in these regulations to an article using a short form description of such article in parenthesis is for convenience only and the short form description shall not affect the construction of the article to which it relates.
(5) A reference in an article or other provision of these regulations to a paragraph, sub-paragraph or article by number or letter only, without further identification, is a reference to the paragraph, sub-paragraph or article of that number or letter in the article or other provision of these regulations in which that reference occurs.
(6) In these regulations, "including", "in particular", "for example", "such as" and any other similar expression does not limit the generality of the expression preceding it.
(7) In these regulations, if a word or phrase is given a particular meaning, other parts of speech and grammatical forms of it have corresponding meanings.
|Derived (as from 19th October 2017).|