Article 100 - Interpretation
(1) In these Regulations, a reference to:
a. a provision of any law or regulation includes a reference to that provision as amended or re-enacted from time to time;
b. the masculine gender includes the feminine and the neuter;
c. words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular; and
d. writing includes any form of representing or reproducing words in legible form.
(2) The headings in these Regulations shall not affect its interpretation.
(3) A reference in these Regulations to a Part, Article or Schedule by number only, and without further identification, is a reference to a Part, Article or Schedule of that number in these Regulations.
(4) A reference in these Regulations to a Schedule, an Article or a Part using a short form description of such Schedule, Article or Part in parenthesis are for convenience only and the short form description shall not affect the construction of the Article or Part to which it relates.
(5) A reference in an Article or other division of these Regulations to a paragraph, subparagraph or Article by number or letter only, and without further identification, is a reference to a paragraph, sub-paragraph or Article of that number or letter contained in the Article or other division of these Regulations in which that reference occurs.
(6) The Schedules are part of these Regulations.
(7) In these Regulations, "including", "in particular", "for example", "such as", or any other similar expression does not limit the generality of the expression preceding it.
(8) References to chairman, Director General, director or similar expressions are, where the context permits, a reference to the person holding that office from time to time.
|Derived (as from 20th December 2016).|