Article 138 - Financing statement
(1) A financing statement must be filed in accordance with this Part and any further
(2) The filing of a financing statement is ineffective unless the Debtor consents to the filing. A Debtor who enters into a Security Agreement is treated as consenting to the filing of a financing statement which relates to the Collateral mentioned in the Security Agreement and its Proceeds.
(3) The filing of a financing change statement which:
(A) adds to the Collateral covered by a financing statement; or
(B) adds a Debtor to a financing statement
is ineffective unless that Debtor consents to the filing.
(4) A Debtor may consent to the filing of a financing statement, or be treated as consenting under paragraph (2), with retrospective effect from the date of filing.
(5) Subject to Article 142, a financing statement must contain the following information to be effective:
(A) the name of the Debtor;
(B) the Debtor's registered number (if any);
(C) the name and address of the Secured Party or its agent (if any);
(D) a description of the Collateral;
(E) whether the filing is to continue indefinitely or for a specified period; and
(F) such other matters as may be prescribed in rules made by the
(6) If the Collateral is of a type which has a Unique Identifying Number, that number must also be included in the financing statement if that Collateral is of a type prescribed in rules made by the
|Amended (as from 5th April 2015).|