Article 40 - Change of Registered Office
(1) An Investment Club may change its registered office by delivering notice of the change within 21 days of the change, to the CRO together with payment of the Prescribed Fee.
(2) A notice delivered under Article 40(1):
a. shall be in the Prescribed Form; and
b. shall be signed by a director or secretary of the Investment Club or authenticated in a manner approved by the CRO.
(3) Where the CRO receives a notice under Article 40(1) it shall enter the new registered office on the register in place of the former registered office.
(4) The change of registered office shall take effect upon the notice of change of registered office delivered to the CRO in accordance with Article 40(2) being registered by the CRO, but until the end of the period of 21 days beginning with the date on which it is registered a person may validly serve any Document on the Investment Club at its previous registered office.
(5) Where an Investment Club unavoidably ceases to perform at its registered office any duty to keep at its registered office any register, index or other Document or to mention the address of its registered office in any Document in circumstances in which it was not practicable to give prior notice to the CRO of a change in the situation of the registered office, but:
a. resumes performance of that duty at other premises as soon as practicable; and
b. gives notice accordingly to the CRO of a change in the situation of its registered office within 21 days of doing so
it shall not be treated as having failed to comply with that duty.
|Derived (as from 20th December 2016).|