Article 65 - Interpretation
(1) In these Regulations, a reference to:
(A) a provision of any law or regulation includes a reference to that provision as amended or re-enacted from time to time;
(B) an obligation to publish or cause to be published a particular document shall, unless expressly provided otherwise in these Regulations, include publishing or causing to be published in printed or electronic form;
(C) a calendar year shall mean a year of the Gregorian calendar;
(D) a month shall mean a month of the Gregorian calendar;
(E) the masculine gender includes the feminine and the neuter;
(F) writing includes any form of representing or reproducing words in a legible form; and
(G) a particular Ministry, authority or body of the
State include a reference to any future name of that Ministry, authority or body.
(2) The headings in these Regulations shall not affect their interpretation.
(3) A reference in these Regulations to a Part, Article or Schedule by number only, and without further identification, is a reference to a Part, Article or Schedule of that number in these Regulations.
(4) A reference in an Article or other division of these Regulations to a paragraph, sub-paragraph or Article by number or letter only, and without further identification, is a reference to a paragraph, sub-paragraph or Article of that number or letter contained in the Article or other division of these Regulations in which that reference occurs.
(5) Any reference in these Regulations to "include", "including", "in particular", "for example", "such as" or similar expressions shall be considered as being by way of illustration or emphasis only and are not to be constructed so as to limit the generality of any words preceding them.
|Amended by QFC Reg 2012-1 (as from 11th April 2012)|