CIPR 8.1.3 Records that must be kept
(1) An authorised firm must ensure that all instructions to it from or on behalf of a customer are recorded. The record must include the dates of both the receipt and the transmission of the instruction.
(2) An authorised firm must ensure that it records any decision that it makes, in the exercise of its discretion, on behalf of a customer in relation to a product.
(3) An authorised firm must ensure that, if it accepts an instruction from a customer that is subject to a condition imposed by the customer, it makes a record of the condition.
(4) An authorised firm must maintain a list of its customers who are customers as defined by these rules.
(5) An authorised firm must maintain up-to-date records containing at least the following for each customer:
(a) a copy of all the documents required for the customer's identification and profile;
(b) contact details;
(c) all information and documents prepared in compliance with these rules;
(d) details of products and services provided to the customer;
(e) all correspondence with the customer and details of any other information provided to the customer in relation to a product or service;
(f) all documents completed or signed by the customer;
(g) copies of every original document submitted by the customer in support of an application for the provision of a service or product;
(h) all other relevant information about the customer.
|Derived from QFCRA RM/2019-2 (as from 1st January 2020).|