INMA 9A.1.13 Relevant investment contracts — exercising cancellation right
(1) This rule applies if a retail customer has a right under this Part to cancel a relevant investment made by an INMA firm with or for the customer.
(2) The retail customer may exercise the cancellation right by giving written notice of the exercise of the right to the INMA firm.
(3) Without limiting subrule (2), if the retail customer exercises the right in accordance with information given to the customer by the INMA firm, the customer is taken to have complied with the subrule.
(4) The notice need not use any particular form of words and it is sufficient if the intention to exercise the right is reasonably clear from the notice, or from the notice and the surrounding circumstances.
(5) The notice need not give reasons for the exercise of the right.
(6) If the retail customer exercises the cancellation right by sending written notice to the INMA firm at the address given to the customer by the firm for the exercise of the right, the notice is taken to have been given to the firm when it is sent to the firm at that address.
|Inserted by QFCRA RM/2019-4 (as from 1st January 2020).|